We guarantee to only use FRESH, QUALITY FLOWERS
Every arrangement delivered is created by Smithfield Florists dedicated Florist. Place your trust in Smithfield Florist experienced team of flower experts. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your gift, contact us within 48 hours, email a photo or return your gift to us and we will create a replacement for you. That’s our guarantee.
For any further queries, please call Smithfield Florist on (07) 4038 2699 during business hours or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Delivery Policy
Smithfield Florist will deliver flowers and gifts to virtually anywhere in Australia and almost anywhere in the world, where fresh flowers are available, and as such, our delivery service is subject to local conditions. Delivery is usually available within 24 hours, but occasionally may take longer depending on time zones and local conditions.
- Some areas in some countries (including Australia) are classified as restricted delivery areas. Deliveries to these locations may take up to 48 hours.
- Delivery within Australia is not guaranteed on Public Holidays, Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- Same day delivery within Australia from Monday to Friday is possible as long as the order is placed before 12pm AEST.
- Same day delivery within Australia on Saturdays is possible as long as the order is placed before 10am AEST.
- Deliveries to units, apartments and gated properties require the recipient’s contact phone number
- If your delivery is urgent please call Smithfield Florist on (07) 4038 2699 for advice on delivery availability.
- Deliveries to Kuranda, Port Douglas and Mossman need to be booked at least 24 hours in advance due to restricted courier options. It is recommended that you phone the shop to ensure that your delivery can be completed prior to order being placed
For more specific conditions on your delivery, refer to the information below:
Unsuccessful Delivery Policy
It is the responsibility of the customer to be aware that the recipient will be home at time of delivery or that there is a suitable spot to leave the flowers out of the weather. In the event that the customer is not home, or the courier driver cannot gain access to deliver the flowers, due to security gates, dogs etc, the flowers will be returned to the shop and a “attempted flower deliver notice” will be left notifying the customer to collect the flowers from the shop. The customer can contact the shop to request a re-delivery at an additional cost.
If no one is home, and the courier driver cannot find a suitable safe place to the leave the flowers out of the weather the flowers will be returned to the shop as per above
Delivery to Units & Apartments
As most units and apartments now have restricted security access, we must have a contact phone number for the recipient. If we are unable to gain access to the unit or apartment, flowers will be returned to the shop and a “attempted flower deliver notice” will be left notifying the customer to collect the flowers from the shop. The customer can contact the shop to request a re-delivery at an additional cost.
Deliveries Containing Alcohol
Due to liquor licensing requirements all alcohol must be purchased with our flower arrangements and cannot be purchased separately.
Orders containing alcohol cannot be left unattended if there is no one there at the time of delivery nor can they be left with anyone under the age of 18 years.
Smithfield Florist and our couriers reserve the right to request photo id to confirm the recipient is 18 years of age or over. In the event that the courier is unable to deliver the package to the nominated delivery address, it will be returned to our shop and a redelivery fee will apply.
Delivery for Funeral Orders
Smithfield Florist treats funeral orders with the highest of priority. In order to see the order processed as efficiently as possible, all funeral orders must be placed no later than 24 hours prior to the delivery date and the following information must be supplied in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Full name of the deceased.
- Name and address of the funeral home and the name and phone number of relative is needed.
- Date and time of the funeral service.
Delivery to Hospitals & Nursing Homes
For hospital/nursing home deliveries, please supply the following information in the Address Details and/or Special Instructions:
- Full Name, married or maiden?
- Ward name or number, Campus eg: rehab, surgical?
- Hospital name and address, Public or Private Hospital?,
- Whether the recipient is a patient/resident or a staff member. Note: sometimes Doctors are patients !
For hospital and nursing home deliveries, Smithfield Florist recommends sending flowers and gifts that are already arranged in a container.
- Do not sent loose cut flowers as there are usually limited suitable vases available.
- Most hospitals do not allow plants. No plants are allowed for surgical patients
- Some hospitals do not allow flowers in intensive care or special care units.
Delivery to Ships
Please allow 24 hours for the delivery to be processed, Please supply the following information in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Name of shipping line
- Name of ship
- Cabin number/deck number
- Exact time of departure
- Whether the recipient is a passenger or crew member
Delivery to Hotels & Holiday Resorts
Please provide Smithfield Florist with the following information in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Hotel or Resort name
- Expected arrival time at Hotel/ Resort
- Room name or number and the full street address
- Whether the recipient is a guest or staff member
In the event that any of the goods are unavailable at the time of ordering, we will substitute other goods of equivalent or greater value. The flower and gourmet hampers pictured represent the starting or base value. If you choose a higher value listed, your order will be increased in size/value compared to the image shown.
- Christmas hampers are available in store during the months of November and December only. All other hampers are available for delivery all year round.
- Orders for fresh fruit baskets must be placed 24 hours prior to the desired delivery date.
- Cancellations or alterations to any order must be made within 24 hours of ordering.
- Customer reports of damaged goods must be made within 48 hours from the date of delivery.
Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day Deliveries
- All orders received for delivery to Cairns metropolitan business address are guaranteed to arrive by 5 pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day. Special circumstances please call.
- All orders received for delivery to Cairns metropolitan residential addresses are guaranteed to arrive by approximately 7pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
- Due to the high volume of orders placed for delivery during these busy periods we are unable to accommodate time specific deliveries or requests for preferred times.
- At the time of ordering it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s name, address, phone number and card message is complete and correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them.
- If we receive an order that does not have a card message supplied, we will assume that the customer does not want a card message and therefore we will proceed to deliver the order without a message.
- Smithfield Florist is unable to alter or change any orders placed for delivery on Valentine’s Day or Mother’s day after 12 noon the day before these specific days.
Delivery on Public Holidays
Please note that Smithfield Florist cannot guarantee delivery on Public holidays.
Following is a list of these Public Holidays:
New Year’s Day (TAS) January 1
New Year’s Day (AUST excl. TAS) January 3
Australia Day January 26
Labour Day (WA)
Labour Day (VIC & TAS)
Adelaide Cup Day (SA)
Canberra Day (ACT)
Good Friday/ Easter
Easter Tuesday (TAS)
Anzac Day April 25
Labour Day (QLD)
May Day (NT)
Foundation Day (WA)
Queen’s Birthday (excl. WA)
Picnic Day (NT)
Royal Show Day (QLD)
Labour Day (NSW, ACT, SA)
Melbourne Cup Day (VIC metro only)
Christmas Day/Boxing Day December 25 – 26
Delivery Suburbs & Rates
Aeroglen – $15.00
Bayview Heights – $22.50
Bentley Park – $22.50
Bluewater – $15.00
Brinsmead – $15.00
Buchans Point – $15.00
Bungalow – $15.00
Cairns – $15.00
Cairns CBD – $15.00
Cairns North – $15.00
Caravonica – $15.00
City View – $15.00
Clifton Beach – $15.00
Craiglie – $25.00
Edmonton – $25.00
Ellis Beach – $15.00
Forest Gardens – $22.50
Freshwater – $15.00
Holloways Beach – $15.00
Kamerunga – $15.00
Kanimbla – $15.00
Kewarra Beach – $15.00
Koah – $25.00
Kuranda – $25.00
Lake Placid – $15.00
Machans Beach – $15.00
Manoora – $15.00
Manunda – $15.00
Mooroobool – $15.00
Mount Sheridan – $22.50
Mowbray – $25.00
Oak Beach – $25.00
Palm Cove – $15.00
Paradise Palms – $15.00
Parramatta Park – $15.00
Port Douglas – $25.00
Portsmith – $15.00
Redlynch – $15.00
Redlynch Valley – $20.00
Smithfield – $12.00
Smithfield Heights – $12.00
Speewah – $25.00
Stratford – $15.00
Trinty Beach – $15.00
Trinty Park – $15.00
Wangetti – $25.00
Westcourt – $15.00
Whiterock – $22.50
Whitfield – $15.00
Woree – $22.50
Yorkeys Knob – $15.00
Flower Delivery Cairns
Ph: (07) 4038 2699
Shop 1, 7-11 Salvado Drive
Smithfield, Caims QLD 4878
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
SAT: 9am - 1pm, SUN: Closed