Conditions of Use
Welcome to our online store! Smithfield Florist and its associates provide our services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop within this website, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
Our Terms & Conditions
1. All prices shown are in Australian dollars.
2. Prices do not include the delivery fee.
3. The delivery fee is based and calculated on the location of the delivery address.
4. All prices include GST.
5. Each product pictured is representative of the standard price. The premium price indicates an increase in size and/or flower quantity and container value.
6. All designs illustrated are a guide to the type and style of flowers, gourmet foods and gifts that will be delivered. Flowers, gourmet foods, containers, gifts and accessories may vary according to season and availability, or when they do not meet with our quality standards. In some cases, products of the equivalent value and quality may be substituted in order to fulfill the requirements of the order selected.
Our Delivery Policy
Smithfield Florist will deliver flowers and gifts to virtually anywhere in Australia and almost anywhere in the world, where fresh flowers are available, and as such, our delivery service is subject to local conditions. Delivery is usually available within 24 hours, but occasionally may take longer depending on time zones and local conditions.
- Some areas in some countries (including Australia) are classified as restricted delivery areas. Deliveries to these locations may take up to 48 hours.
- Delivery within Australia is not guaranteed on Public Holidays, Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- Same day delivery within Australia from Monday to Friday is possible as long as the order is placed before 12pm AEST.
- Same day delivery within Australia on Saturdays is possible as long as the order is placed before 10am AEST.
- Deliveries to units, apartments and gated properties require the recipient’s contact phone number
- If your delivery is urgent please call Smithfield Florist on (07) 4038 2699 for advice on delivery availability.
- Deliveries to Kuranda, Port Douglas and Mossman need to be booked at least 24 hours in advance due to restricted courier options. It is recommended that you phone the shop to ensure that your delivery can be completed prior to order being placed
For more specific conditions on your delivery, refer to the information below:
Unsuccessful Delivery Policy
It is the responsibility of the customer to be aware that the recipient will be home at time of delivery or that there is a suitable spot to leave the flowers out of the weather. In the event that the customer is not home, or the courier driver cannot gain access to deliver the flowers, due to security gates, dogs etc, the flowers will be returned to the shop and a “attempted flower deliver notice” will be left notifying the customer to collect the flowers from the shop. The customer can contact the shop to request a re-delivery at an additional cost.
Deliveries Containing Alcohol
Due to liquor licensing requirements all alcohol must be purchased with our flower arrangements and cannot be purchased separately.
Orders containing alcohol cannot be left unattended if there is no one there at the time of delivery nor can they be left with anyone under the age of 18 years.
Smithfield Florist and our couriers reserve the right to request photo id to confirm the recipient is 18 years of age or over. In the event that the courier is unable to deliver the package to the nominated delivery address, it will be returned to our shop and a redelivery fee will apply.
Delivery to Units and Appartment’s
As most units and apartments now have restricted security access, we must have a contact phone number for the recipient. If we are unable to gain access to the unit or apartment, flowers will be returned to the shop and a “attempted flower deliver notice” will be left notifying the customer to collect the flowers from the shop. The customer can contact the shop to request a re-delivery at an additional cost.
If no one is home, and the courier driver cannot find a suitable safe place to the leave the flowers out of the weather the flowers will be returned to the shop as per above
Delivery to Funerals
Smithfield Florist treats funeral orders with the highest of priority. In order to see the order processed as efficiently as possible, all funeral orders must be placed no later than 24 hours prior to the delivery date and the following information must be supplied in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Full name of the deceased.
- Name and address of the funeral home and the name and phone number of relative is needed.
- Date and time of the funeral service.
Delivery to Hospitals & Nursing Homes
For hospital / nursing home deliveries, please supply the following information in the Address Details and/or Special Instructions:
- Full Name, married or maiden?
- Ward name or number, Campus eg: rehab, surgical?
- Hospital name and address, Public or Private Hospital?,
- Whether the recipient is a patient/resident or a staff member. Note: sometimes Doctors are patients !
For hospital and nursing home deliveries, Smithfield Florist recommends sending flowers and gifts that are already arranged in a container.
- We do not sent loose cut flowers as there are usually limited suitable vases available.
- Most hospitals do not allow plants. No plants are allowed for surgical patients
- Some hospitals do not allow flowers in intensive care or special care units.
- Delivery to Units and Appartments
Valentine’s Day and Mothers Day Deliveries
- All orders received for delivery to Cairns metropolitan business address are guaranteed to arrive by 5 pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day. Special circumstances please call.
- All orders received for delivery to Cairns metropolitan residential addresses are guaranteed to arrive by approximately 7pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
- Due to the high volume of orders placed for delivery during these busy periods we are unable to accommodate time specific deliveries or requests for preferred times.
- At the time of ordering it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s name, address, phone number and card message is complete and correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them.
- If we receive an order that does not have a card message supplied, we will assume that the customer does not want a card message and therefore we will proceed to deliver the order without a message.
- Smithfield Florist is unable to alter or change any orders placed for delivery on Valentine’s Day or Mother’s day after 12 noon the day before these specific days.
Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your visit to our website, to understand our practices.
When you visit Smithfield Florist or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Credit card and personal information requested during purchases are encrypted during transmission to Smithfield Florist. This ordering system is protected by a shared SSL Certificate which ensures security between your computer and the order server.
When you order from Smithfield Florist Online you will be asked for your credit card number and expiry date. You will also be asked for a three digit validation code. The validation code is a three-digit number on the back of the card. The code is a feature that provides merchants with an extra layer of verification, especially when using your card to make purchases on the internet, over the phone or by mail. You only need to provide the last three digits of the full number which can be found on the signature panel on the back of your credit card.
If you are still uncomfortable purchasing online at Smithfield Florist Online you can contact the shop directly between 9 am and 5 pm EST on (07) 4038 2699 to arrange delivery.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Smithfield Florist or its content suppliers including Interflora Australian Unit Ltd and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Smithfield Florist, with copyright authorship for this collection by Smithfield Florist, and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. The software application provider and author for “WooCommerce”, is used under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE and all original authorship and credit for WooCommerce remains the intellectual rights of www.woocommerce.com.
Smithfield Florists trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Smithfield Florists, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Smithfield Florist. All other trademarks not owned by Smithfield Florist or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Smithfield Florist or its subsidiaries.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Smithfield Florist grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Smithfield Florist. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents: any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices: any derivative use of this site or its contents: any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant: or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Smithfield Florist. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Smithfield Florist and our associates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “:hidden text”: utilizing Smithfield Florists name or trademarks without the express written consent of Smithfield Florist. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Smithfield Florist. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Smithfield Florist so long as the link does not portray Smithfield Florist, its associates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Smithfield Florist logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Smithfield Florist and its associates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Smithfield Florist and its associates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, Smithfield Florist does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Smithfield Florist itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY Smithfield Florist ON AN “:AS IS”: AND “:AS AVAILABLE”: BASIS. Smithfield Florist MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Smithfield Florist DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Smithfield Florist DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM Smithfield Florist ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Smithfield Florist WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting Smithfield Florist, you agree that the State & Australian laws, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Smithfield Florist or its associates.
Flower Delivery Cairns
Ph: (07) 4038 2699
Shop 1, 7-11 Salvado Drive
Smithfield, Caims QLD 4878
Mon-Fri: 9.00am - 4.30pm
SAT: 9.00am - 12.00pm, SUN: Closed