- Smithfield Florist guarantees the freshness, quality and value of every Smithfield Florist order placed. Each product delivered by Smithfield Florist is created by a professional florist.
- Every order will be made on the date requested and every effort will be made to meet the requests made as to preferred times, however, only funeral deliveries can be specific with regard to time.
- Special delivery conditions apply to hospitals, hotels, ships, airports, funeral parlours, crematoria and cemeteries.
- Complaints must be made within 24 hours of delivery.
For any further queries, please call Smithfield Florist on 07 4038 2699 during business hours or you can email us at: email@example.com
Our Delivery Policy
Deliveries to Kuranda, Port Douglas, Edmonton and Gordonvale require 24 hours notice and can be delivered monday to friday only.
Local orders can be made until 1pm weekdays and 10am saturdays for same day delivery.
Smithfield Florist will deliver flowers and gifts to virtually anywhere in Australia and almost anywhere in the world, where fresh flowers are available, and as such, our delivery service is subject to local conditions. Delivery is usually available within 24 hours, but occasionally may take longer depending on time zones and local conditions.
- Some areas in some countries (including Australia) are classified as restricted delivery areas. Deliveries to these locations may take up to 48 hours.
- Delivery within Australia is not guaranteed on Public Holidays, Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- Same day delivery within Australia from Monday to Friday is possible as long as the order is placed before 11am AEST.
- Same day delivery within Australia on Saturdays is possible as long as the order is placed before 10am AEST.
- If your delivery is urgent please call Smithfield Florist on 07 4038 2699 for advice on delivery availability.
For more specific conditions on your delivery, refer to the information below:
Delivery for Funeral orders
Smithfield Florist treat funeral orders with the highest of priority. In order to see the order processed as efficiently as possible, all funeral orders must be placed no later than 24 hours prior to the delivery date and the following information must be supplied in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Full name of the deceased.
- Name and address of the funeral home and the name and phone number of relative is needed.
- Date and time of the funeral service.
Delivery to Hospitals/Nursing Homes
For hospital/nursing home deliveries, please supply the following information in the Address Details and/or Special Instructions:
- Full Name, married or maiden?
- Ward name or number, Campus eg: rehab, surgical?
- Hospital name and address, Public or Private Hospital?,
- Whether the recipient is a patient/resident or a staff member. Note: sometimes Doctors are patients !
For hospital and nursing home deliveries, Smithfield Florist recommends sending flowers and gifts that are already arranged in a container. Please note:
- Do not sent loose cut flowers as there are usually limited suitable vases available.
- Most hospitals do not allow plants. No plants are allowed for surgical patients
- Some hospitals do not allow flowers in intensive care or special care units.
Delivery to Ships
Please allow 24 hours for the delivery to be processed, Please supply the following information in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Name of shipping line
- Name of ship
- Cabin number/deck number
- Exact time of departure
- Whether the recipient is a passenger or crew member
Delivery to Hotels and Holiday Resorts
Please provide Smithfield Florist with the following information in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
- Hotel or Resort name
- Expected arrival time at Hotel/ Resort
- Room name or number and the full street address
- Whether the recipient is a guest or staff member
Delivery on Public Holidays
Please note that Smithfield Florist cannot guarantee delivery on Public holidays. Following is a list of these Public Holidays:
New Year’s Day (TAS) January 1
New Year’s Day (AUST excl. TAS) January 3
Australia Day January 26
Labour Day (WA)
Labour Day (VIC & TAS)
Adelaide Cup Day (SA)
Canberra Day (ACT)
Good Friday/ Easter
Easter Tuesday (TAS)
Anzac Day April 25
Labour Day (QLD)
May Day (NT)
Foundation Day (WA)
Queen’s Birthday (excl. WA)
Picnic Day (NT)
Royal Show Day (QLD)
Labour Day (NSW, ACT, SA)
Melbourne Cup Day (VIC metro only)
Christmas Day/Boxing Day December 25 – 26
In the event that any of the goods are unavailable at the time of ordering, we will substitute other goods of equivalent or greater value. The flower and gourmet hampers pictured represent the starting or base value. If you choose a higher value listed, your order will be increased in size/value compared to the image shown.
- Christmas hampers are available in store during the months of November and December only. All other hampers are available for delivery all year round.
- Orders for fresh fruit baskets must be placed 24 hours prior to the desired delivery date.
- Cancellations or alterations to any order must be made within 24 hours of ordering.
- Customer reports of damaged goods must be made within 48 hours from the date of delivery.